Friday, August 21, 2009

Thank God It's A Closed Weekend

And it is! There hasn't been one for a while. And it was a pretty good day, apart from a loss of a few things (loss can be taken numerous ways, try and spot them all!). All this to be explained, right now. Oh, and by the way, prepare soon for the 200th post celebrations, which, assuming a post a day (which is pretty much assured), should be on Thursday, the 27th of August. Expect celebrations.

Before school, I went to pack my bag; and noticed something missing. I have two pencilcases, OK: my black one that has stuff like my calculator and ruler in it, and my small blue one with pens, pencils, rubbers, sharpeners... You get the picture. And I went to pack my bag and noticed the blue pencilcase missing. A quick dismantling of my bag quickly showed that it wasn't in there, and another check showed it wasn't under my bed, behind it, or indeed anywhere I looked. I simply could not find my blue pencilcase. So I got to school with my only writing implement being a blue pen I found. Period 1 was Ag, in which we combined with Ian and Shafi's class because there was enough in both classes for one class, and there was only one teacher for the two classes. We watched this video which was filmed in Wales, and was seemingly not translated out of Welsh. Or at least, none of us could understand what they were saying. So I played cards with Ebony for a while. Period 2 was Geography, in which we watched a video on migration.

Recess was 13, with my new cards, although my old deck remains in my bag as a tribute. And my new cards have a problem: there is no personality in them. You can't differentiate any of the 3s from any other cards, and all the cards have their corners. You can't get annoyed because Victor got the 3 of spades, or Andy got the 2 of hearts. It takes a bit of the fun out of it. Period 3 was Maths, in which we talked about tables for the formal. We had a sub. Period 4 was Science, in which we had a competition. We (Hewie, Alan, Tan and I) got a golf ball, a wooden ramp, and a metre ruler (perpendicular to the table edge), and the challenge was to make it so that Robson could place the coin at any point on the ruler between 10 cm and 70 cm from the table, and we could hit it. We spent most of the period setting it up and testing out variables. In the end, we got 5 hits out of 6 goes, and we thought we had it won. But, of course, Ebony's group had to go and get it spot on, with 6 out of 6. Naturally.

Lunch was more 13. Period 5 was Commerce, in which we finished watching that thing on advertising from yesterday. I also tried to build a house of cards, for no real reason other than that I was bored. It didn't work. Period 6 was English, in which we had Faulds as a sub. He had work to do, so he let us do pretty much anything, as long as we didn't scream. So Barahona, Tan, Alan, Hewie and I played 13 for the whole period. It was fun. I was then picked up by Dad, and then we went to go pick up EJ. So for the rest of the night, I watched the footy (the Dogs beat the Cats, making it almost impossible for Carlton to make the four), and played some Battlefield Heroes. I also blogged in time; but for Thursday. Ah well.

Let the comment replies begin, with a single one:
*Ebony: Yes, you are appreciated, for your card-bringing abilities. And I think leaving Shane and Oscar in the bushes with a video camera was, if not harmless... Mostly Harmless (Cue the sound of every single Douglas Adams fan reading this laughing at my nerdy pun.).

And that was my day. Expect a possibly longer post tomorrow (well, longer than usual for a Saturday), and I would like to repeat about those 200th post celebrations coming up on Thursday. Don't miss it!

Better title, I suppose,
AB

1 comment:

  1. T'was a very bludgy day. Felt like end of term. I liked it. =)
    And yes, we kicked your arse in science. But that's because my team had me. And your team didn't. MMmhmm.

    ReplyDelete