Friday, August 14, 2009

Tests and Tennis

Because my day involved a test, and a game of tennis. Titling problems, naturally. Anyway. It was a pretty good today, as it involved no real work at all. Barring the aforementioned test, of course, but that wasn't too hard. Anyway. To my day.

Period 1 was Science, in which we talked about cloning, and all about the pros and cons of it. I personally (and I'm not afraid to say what I think here) believe whole-heartedly in therapeutic cloning, also known as stem cell research, although I'm a little iffy on cloning for actual reproduction. I'm sort of like that with science versus religious ethics, what with my atheism. There are many examples, but I won't name them all here. Anyway. Period 2 was Geography, in which we were just doing work from the textbook. There was no Assembly today, as it was apparently "postponed" (read: until next Friday). So we just played 13. Like you'd expect we would.

Period 3 was English. In that we finished off the speeches that had yet to be done in our class: all three of them. After that, we just talked about the book we were given for our new topic; which, thank god, was not 'Displaced Person.' I don't remember the title of the book, but it looked pretty good. Period 4 was Maths, in which I did a test, along with Mango and Lana, and everyone who was at AIMO. Also Tri, who was evidently away. We weren't allowed to do the test in the class, for obvious reasons. So we went outside, and did the test there. I borrowed Ebony's calculator, as it seems mine isn't coming back any time soon. We were out in the sun, so I used my method which always gets strange stares: use an umbrella to keep the sun off. The majority of people think it's stupid; I say it works well. And it does. Lunch was 13, as well as 5 card draw poker for no particular reason.

Period 5 was Drama, in which we went down to the farm to do the filming for our advertisement, which is, actually, worth something. My bad there. We filmed such riveting things as a tractor and Shane and Ebony skipping up and down on logs. One of my favourites: 'Who will save us? That random nerd?' Yes, that meant me. When we got back, we were talking about it, and how Oscar had done a front roll. So I said to Cam, half to myself: 'I reckon I could do that.' He made me do it. My hapkido finally counted for something as I did, from a standing start, a forward roll. But then Shane made me do it again, as he glanced in that direction. And then more people saw me. So I kept doing them. I did about 5 in total, and people were very impressed. I mean, you wouldn't expect me to do those. Anyway. Period 6 was Commerce, which was just stock-standard textbook work.

After school, Dad surprised us (or rather me) with a game of tennis, with an incentive: we win, and he does the folding. We lose, and we do it. He lost. I could go on about how we won, but I won't. Let's just say that he was mistaken when he thought he would beat us (me and EJ) in a one on two game. When I got home, I promptly went onto Battlefield Heroes, where I promptly whiled away the time shooting, and doing surprisingly well. I mean, I got to Level 10, and completed a whole heap of missions. I wasn't incredible of course, but I'm improving. I also blogged, but about Thursday. So here I am.

And that was my Friday. The late post you see is a result of weekend post procrastination, and can be blamed on society. Can be, and should. I'll still say sorry anyway. Sorry. Also, no comments, as it seems people have stopped. Easy come, easy go, I suppose.

No assignments for the weekend, thank god,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment