Thursday, August 6, 2009

Left Speechless

No, not literally, I mean my speech is finished! I am left with no speech to complete for it has been completed. And so on and so forth. In short, this is a play on words and can either be considered very bad or very good. It really depends on your point of view. Anyway. I did my speech today, and now it is over and done with. It is done. I am also back to good titles, thank god. Let's hope it lasts.

Before school, I made my speech cards, and actually put some effort into them (yesterday I just used paper, today I put them on cardboard). Period 1 was Science, in which we did some work on amino acids and codons (it sounds a lot less interesting than it was). I could go in depth, but I won't. Let's just say that it was very interesting, as all science should be and generally is. Period 2 was History, even though it was supposed to be Geography. I'm not entirely sure why Johnson changed it, but she did. So instead of doing the questions or summarising (I couldn't, I brought the wrong book), I read the chapter. Twice. Which helps a lot. We also got told our marks from the Geo comp. And I don't mind telling you that mine were bloody great, with 46/50 (that may seem like bragging. But there is a line between being proud and being cocky, and I think that comes under proud.).

Recess was the usual. Period 3 was English, and it was time for speeches: the last period before we go back to classes for them. John was in the class Kevin and I were in, so that made things all the better. All of us did our speeches, but I went first. I volunteered, as I wanted to get it over and done with and get the butterflies out of my stomach (to use a tired phrase which I don't especially like but which is necessary to convey my point of view). My whole speech ran for 3 minutes and 55 seconds, which is pretty good. It's 13 seconds less than I timed it, but still. I also tripped over the word 'hypocrisy', but then I always do (unfortunately. That mispronunciation probably cost me a mark or two.). Next was Maths, which was doing some revision work. We were in another room, so I wasn't next to Mango, so Jenny (I think that's her name) and I shared the teacher's textbook.

Lunch was 13, as usual. Period 5 was Drama, in which we went to the computer rooms to look at the Advertising Standards Bureau. But, like yesterday, the internet didn't work, so I spent the period messing around on Geometer's Sketchpad and talking to Cam while trying to work out what the hell was wrong with the internet (answer: it can only go to .edu.au sites. Why is a very good question.). I couldn't really do much else. Last was Commerce, in which we filled out a mock tax return. Hey, guess what? Those sheets are hard! I was looking at one side, and I thought 'Well, this doesn't look so bad,' and then I found it was double-sided. Then I got to the second sheet (also double-sided), and it was talking about how there are yet more sheets. Let's just say it's no wonder people hire people to do their taxes for them; I'm in Hurlstone and I had trouble understanding them. When I got home, I decided to relax, after blogging. And one of the best ways to relax in my book (besides books, of course) is to get on Battlefield Heroes and go shoot up Royals. I renewed my rocket launcher (as it had run out of time), and then got a second machine-gun, as I never use my shotgun. It was mid-range, and it works really well. Though maybe only because I can just keep shooting with both machine-guns and so never run out of ammo. But I didn't get to blog all the way, so here I am.

And that was my Thursday. Friday might be a longer post, and probably late. It was a pretty good Friday, because... well, I'll get to that when I get to the post. Well, I'm getting ahead of myself. Something else I also have to mention: this post's title. It's finally a good one (I may have already mentioned this. Meh.). I wonder if this streak will continue (yes, I referred to one thing as a streak). Here's hoping.

One assignment down,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment