Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another Day, Another Bludge

Yeah, I know. My titling is severely going downhill. Or at least it is for this post. Anyway. Titles don't particularly matter, I suppose, although I still prefer them to be good. So, as my title says, today was pretty much just a big bludge. Barely any work at all was done. Now, without further ado, to my day.

Period 1 was English, in which we mainly talked about famous people who are or were considered to be Odd Ones Out or Rebels. And when you have a group of people including Mahatma Gandhi, Pauline Hanson, Osama Bin Laden and Charles Darwin, it makes for a very interesting range of opinions, to say the least. We also got onto George W. Bush and what he accomplished (I use the term loosely) as President (Hancock said he was the only President to have caused 16 years worth of damages in 8 years. Which was pretty funny.). Though it's not the most off-topic class I've ever been in (last year in Ag, we got from how much chemicals are, to the defensive capabilities of Switzerland). Period 2 was Maths, in which we did some revision work on quadratic equations. We also messed around on my new calculator, and found some of the new features of it, and discovered some old ones. It's pretty good.

Recess was 13, or at least it was for some of it. Ahem. At around 10:15 am, on the 20th of August, 2009, a treasured member of our group was lost. A passing student spilled drink while dealing, and the cards became sticky, and considered unusable. So we say goodbye to these cards; we bid them farewell. Period 3 was Drama, in which we went back to the farm to do the last part of our advertisement. We didn't really do much, though it was funny to see Oscar attempt to do a side roll and somewhat failing; and Shane filming Oscar's muscles, and his 'pocket' and 'belt area.' I'm sure it was, but it sure didn't look like it. Period 4 was Commerce, in which we went to the annex to watch this video about advertising to children in America and a lot of related stuff, like consumerism in kids. Some of it was pretty eye-opening, and a bit of it was creepy as well.

Lunch was 13, but with Ebony's cards. At this point, I'd like to thank Ebony for helping us out of that little jam; I don't know what we'd do without her (probably not play cards. But, that's not really an option.). Periods 5 and 6 were PE, in which we played a game called Ultimate Frisbee. Although, apparently, it's technically just 'Ultimate' (allow Wikipedia to explain) because frisbee is trademarked; we're supposed to call them flying discs. But we just called them Frisbees. It's easier. We practiced throwing them for a while, and then we played something called Frisbee Golf. Which essentially involved throwing a frisbee towards a flag, getting it near the flag, walking back to the middle, and repeating. Sorta boring, really. When I got home, I did some work, and then I played Battlefield Heroes for a while. Although I couldn't find any decent servers. So I just mucked around on a pre-game one for a while. Ah well. I later blogged, but not enough. So here I am.

To comments now, just one single one.
*Karen: Yes, I am definitely going to the formal. Did Mango really miss me on the list? Put me up then; thanks for adding me.

And that was my day. Friday's post may or may not be shorter, though it will most likely be late. That's what you get with my blog lately; I'll catch up soon. With any luck. Maybe.

My titling is getting worse, and I'm waiting for it to improve,
AB

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm appreciated!!
    And I sitll don't think we should have left Shane and Oscar alone in the bushes with a video camera. But they didn't seem to do too much harm... I don't think.

    ReplyDelete