Friday, August 28, 2009

A Totally Awesome Friday

Yes, I could spend 15 minutes on a title, trying to come up with some clever play on words and end up doing yet another alliterative title and complaining about it. Or, alternatively, I could just put it right out there and say exactly what I thought of today: totally awesome. That's not to say today was perfect, though: There was some bad things, which I will eventually get to. Anyway, let's get to my Friday.

Before school, I got into my mufti clothes (yeah, it's another mufti day), and set off. Period 1 was English, in which Hancock got back (though where he went is still a mystery), and we talked about the work from yesterday. He explained what the cartoons from yesterday meant (though the one nobody could figure out only sorta makes sense), and we also looked at other ones. Period 2 was Maths, which was yet more work on trigonometry, only this time applying it to circles instead of triangles. Apparently we are now supposed to completely disregard everything we know about trigonometry and triangles. Anyway. It was then Assembly, which was way, way too long. Although I did get a High Distinction award for the Science comp, so there's that. Recess was 31.

Period 3 was Drama. The room was full of stuff for the Country fair tomorrow, so we just went to the grassy bit outside the hall, near the basketball courts, and read from that book with Greek plays in it again. The play is actually starting to get more dramatic, although it's sort of let down as there is a preface to the play we're reading that gives away the whole plot. Oops. Period 4 was Commerce, in which we talked about unemployment and all the problems that can come with it, such as depression and loss of income (Captain Obvious to the rescue!). Some seniors also came in to show the girls ideas for new school dresses. We got out of work. Everybody wins. Lunch was 31.

Periods 5 and 6 were PE, and we were playing a class-wide game of Ultimate (the frisbee game. Or, rather, flying disc. Whatever.). And I was one of the most, let's say, avid players, but fairly uncoordinated. I mean, I couldn't get to the frisbee, and I was having major trouble catching and defending. This all came to a head (rather literally, in fact) when I went for the frisbee. I looked up, and saw where it would come down, so I put my head down and sprinted as fast as I could. I looked up at the exact wrong time. *thud!* I suddenly felt an inordinate amount of pain in my nose, where most of the impact went, and in my mouth, where my braces had been pushed against my lips and I had bitten my tongue. I had run into somebody's side at full pelt. That somebody was possibly the worst person I could have run into: none other than Ebony. She had to go off the field, whereas I staggered around the field in a partial daze. When I had recovered, I gingerly started getting back into play. And later, I went for it again. I ran into Jordan. Standing up, both of us, but my legs were spread and his weren't. I was rammed where no boy likes to be rammed. But it all paid off maybe 10 minutes later, as I was the first person to score, though I fell over while doing it. By the end of the period, I was tired as all hell.

But it really paid off later. We were up at the shops, and I came across an old friend of mine, Jessie. And we talked for a bit, but she had to be off at around 3:30. I was considering not putting this next bit in my blog, on account of it may be considered bragging or lame or whatever. But you know what? It's my blog, and I am putting this in here. She is apparently a very affectionate person, and it seems she likes to kiss people goodbye (on the cheek). She was saying goodbye to me. Don't take a genius to work out what happened. I did it as well. First time that's happened too. I am very pleased with myself. When I got home, I played Battlefield Heroes with John over Skype for many hours, and as such I didn't get to blog. So here I am.

To comments, now, 9 from I'm guessing one person. Feel free to correct me though.
*Shafi (x9): LOL. You clicked the link. That was epic. In answer to your other questions: The book is on hiatus, I think you were the Anonymous Aeroplane, I'm not going to do the talent quest, and long posts are not boring.

And that was my day. I know, I know, after finally getting back on schedule, I toss up a late post. So I wanted a day off. Ah well. My blog, my rules. And I get to break them. Anyway. Expect a fairly long post tomorrow: It's the HAHS Country Fair, so it will be a longer post than if I spent the day just doing nothing at home all day.

I kissed a girl, and I liked it,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment