Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mind-Numbing Mathematics

For you see, readers, I did a 4 hour Maths exam. With all of 10 questions. I know I've said this already, but I want to really emphasise this. 4 hours. 10 questions. Therefore, holy crap, those are incredibly difficult questions involving long, drawn-out proofs. So it may or may not be a shorter post, due to the fact that 4 hours was spent in the Hall. It's a late post, I know. There is a reasonable explanation.

Before school, I packed for school, getting everything I needed for the Australian Intermediate Mathematics Olympiad (I think that's its name. I'll just call it AIMO, because I'm positive that that is what it actually is called.). Period 1 was Agriculture, in which we watched some presentations. It also transpired that I didn't have to bloody do mine until Monday. Which is annoying. Not just annoying, very annoying. Extremely annoying. Incredibly annoying. ...And so on and so forth. Point is, I didn't do it. Which is sort of for the best, because I forgot my speech cards. Of course. Period 2 was Geography, in which we just did some work. Your general textbook, standard drill, copy from the textbook work. Recess was 13. And then I went down to the hall.

We got in at around 11, and we quickly unpacked. It was time to start that most nerdy of competitions, the 4 hour AIMO one. I could bore you all with the details of how I did some of the questions, or how I ate lunch in the hall, not even stopping to think, and so on and so forth. In the end, I got 5 and a half questions done: 5 of the 8 'just one number' questions, and one half of the 'long drawn-out, show-your-working' questions. I got out at 3, to the delight of my brain. By that point, I had a raging headache.

When I got home, I got essentially straight onto Battlefield Heroes, where I shot up the place for about an hour. After that, though, we had to go to Holsworthy High School, as EJ is in the choir and he had a song there. I brought my book and my iPod, as I really would. The whole thing went for about an hour, though counting waiting around and travel, it was really more like two. Some of the performances were really good and some were OK. I would recap all of them, but I don't remember all of them, and quite frankly, it doesn't really matter. Though at the end, everyone did this rendition of Michael Jacksons's 'Heal the World.' It's a really great song; too bad Jacko went, to say the least, weird in the end. Ah well. Life happens. And when I got home, i blogged. And that is why this post is so late.

And as there are no comments, I'll wrap up this post now. I apologise for the rather late post; I will soon get back into the swing of things. But not right now. I could have late posts for a while now; ah well. That happens. It's annoying, but, yeah. Just blame society already.

My brain hurts from the Maths thing,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment