Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Plays and Presentations

Yeah, it's a title with alliteration. I really, really can't be bothered to think at this point. I've been working practically non-stop (not counting dinner) for 3 or 4 hours now, on my Ag potato presentation. Thing is, I barely did any work at school. It's just a lot of work at home. Not hard, but bloody repetitive. Find pictures, put them on the presentation, make it look good, so on so forth. And yes, it's a late post, blame the Ag assignment and society.

Period 1 was Maths, which was doing yet more revision work. Which somehow turned into Faulds talking to me about iPhone apps after I showed him this thing I'd worked out that I had lying around in my bag (because that's what I do when I get bored in A1. I mess around with algebra and geometry and whatever really catches my interest. Nerd!). Period 2 was Drama, in which we went to a different room to watch this video on Greek dramas, which is our new topic. But we're still doing advertisements. But only for the assignment, which I don't think counts towards anything. Yeah. The video itself (not a DVD) was OK, although they could have picked something newer. Say, not 15 years old. Anyway. The whole class was a bludge, really. Recess was 13.

Period 3 was Commerce, in which we went to the computer rooms to do a sample tax return. There were 8 computers that got the internet. Out of about 30. That seems to keep happening. Some computers couldn't be turned on, some could be turned on but couldn't be accessed. I was one of the lucky ones who got the net, and I spent most of the period messing around on the tax return sheet. That is one complicated procedure; I hope it gets simpler when you start to work and understand some of the terms. But I doubt it. Period 4 was Science, which was a room change for a third time, again to the computer labs, to do work on biotechnology and stem cell research. It looks pretty promising, apart from the religious objections. Which I sort of understand, but don't agree with.

Lunch was the usual. Periods 5 and 6 were this play about Macbeth that we paid for a few months back. What happened was that the actors from Bell Shakespeare who went around schools and showed people plays showed us this version of Macbeth. What they did differently is that they only acted the biggest scenes in the play, and then showed us what could be done different, and all the educational value, with a lot of humour thrown in (unintentionally too: They called the character Macbeth 'Macca.' So we naturally took the piss put of Kevin.). It was great, except the actors seemed more like characters. A play within a play sort of. Anyway. That only went up until 2:15 though, and as the teachers had nothing planned, they put us in the main quad and told us to just do something. So Kevin, John, Eric and I just played cards for 45 minutes or so. When I got home, I had afternoon tea, and then went in to do my assignment. I put in a good solid 3 hours work, 5 hours on and off (dinner got in the way). I didn't get it done, but I did get an awful lot done. But not enough at all, so here I am, 24 hours late blogging. I'll catch up soon, I swear.

Comments await my responses, 3 from 3 people.
*AC: AC is back? Returned? No, apparently. I'm sort of confused now. Why do you want to conceal your identity? This just raises more questions than answers. Anyway, before I get crushed by my own ponderings. Thanks for commenting, and it's nice to have a reader.
*Karen: Lol, XX and XY. I love science jokes. And I know we're 13 obsessed, we just love to play. And what's wrong with Commerce? (I don't envy your Japanese minor.). IPT does seem boring, doesn't it? Hmm.
*Ebony: I know I sucked as timekeeper, you don't have to state the obvious. Good luck on your speech; It's best to get it out of the way. That History thing was a bit weird, but she's probably just got a headache or something. Teachers have bad days too. Especially Kolodziej. And speaking of aeroplanes... Where is the anonymous aeroplane?

And that was my day. I'm really sorry for the late post, but I've done about 8 hours of work on my Ag assignment in two days, and that's mostly my free time taken up. Won't I be glad when I have more free time. Oh, how I look forward to that.

Bloody potatoes,
AB

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah! I finished my assignment like last Sunday because I thought it was due Monday, then I got home and realised that I had no ag on monday so I was upset LOL But at least it's done!

    Yes the XX and XY joke, I felt really smart :D Maths test tomorrow AB! :( Boo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete