Saturday, August 1, 2009

AFL, British Comedy

Or, ABC (see that's clever. Sorta. Maybe not funny though. Also uncreative. Ah well.). The AFL is self-explanatory (it's Saturday), but the British Comedy takes some explaining. I'll get to that. And yes, it's a late post, blame post procrastination. And society.

I woke up around 8, and until we left for my brother's footy game, we watched more 'Seinfeld.' Very funny episodes ensued. We'll watch more later. We left at about 9:30, and on the way there I read my New Scientist magazine. At around 10, the game started, and it ended up that the wind was facing my direction, which meant more throw-ins for me. A lot more throw-ins. I counted at least 5 in the first quarter, and I lost track soon after. The actual game ended up in EJ's team kicking ass, by about 60 points by the end. They started really taking control in the last quarter. Nathan (I think that's his name) also got hurt, but I'm not sure how badly: He was on the mark as one of the opposition was kicking, and the guy miskicked. Directly into Nathan's head. The power was unchanged. In other words: ow. I couldn't do anything, as I was boundary running, but as soon as a goal was kicked, I rushed over to help. He didn't look too injured, but he very well could have been.

After the game, we all went to Macarthur Square, so that we could do some shopping. EJ picked up a Harry Potter game, and I found a Monty Python (The British comedy strikes) CD for $9 (It's $17 on iTunes. Hooray for bargains!). It's called Monty Python Sings, and it has several hilarious songs on it, including 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life,' 'The Lumberjack Song' and 'Bruces' Philosophers Song.' All songs that I highly recommend from the CD, to name just 3. After we'd got that, I got a Boost Juice (which wasn't bad. Which is something I can't say about EJ's. It had melon it. Eurgh.). We got home around 2:30, and I promptly blogged and listened to all the songs. There are really good ones on there. Funny, catchy... Monty Python in a nutshell really. Once that was done, I talked on MSN, as well as watching a bit more of 'Seinfeld.' We also watched the end of the Swans-Saints game (I reckon the Saints were lucky to get away with a 1 point win). I went to bed around 10-ish.

And as there are no comments (again!), this'll be the last paragraph. Sorry about the late post and the very short post, not much happened today. Well, not much I could blog about in detail. Ah well, stuff happens, hey? Expect another short post on Sunday, even less happened. Although hopefully I'll be able to remember more details and make it a bit longer than it would be if I hadn't. I shall end with a quote, as I haven't done that in a while. A Monty Python quote, of course.

Half a bee, philosophically, must, ipso facto, half not be,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment