Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Done and Dusted

After several exhausting, exasperating hours, my Ag assignment is, like the title says, done. Is finished. All gone assignment, kaput! (OK, I really couldn't resist that Fawlty Towers quote. Manuel is awesome). So sorry about the late post, I was working on my assignment. Hell, I didn't even go to hapkido.

I woke up early to do as much of my assignment as I could, and with my usual wake-up time being 6, that's pretty early. I got an hour's work in before it was time to go to school. Period 1 was English, in which we were supposed to do speeches. Hancock, however, so we had the permanent substitute (or as Kolodziej would say, temporary), Contado, who showed us this god-awful book called 'Displaced Person.' A quick Google search tells me to go to Wikipedia and look up all about refugees (official titling problems). The second link invites me to look at a bad book review, which is basically just the blurb; but electronically. America marketed it as 'Misplaced Person,' which I think is unintentionally hilarious ("I lost my keys... and Jimmy!")We read through the book as a class, and it was horrible. I recommend avoiding it like the plague. Period 2 was Maths, in which we just did more revision work. It's getting rather annoying. Ah well. Recess was the usual.

Period 3 was Drama, in which we went to the computer labs to look up stuff from Ancient Greece. But, as usual, my computer didn't work, so I just partnered with Cam. And the sites Kolodziej gave us didn't work, so we used Google. And it worked. Lunch was 13. Sport was going down to the oval, and we were supposed to be doing baseball. But the guy who was supposed to teach us (idea: stop spending money on coaches for people who don't care about the sport and start fixing the computers) didn't show up. So some of us played T-Ball (Tee Ball? Tee-Ball?), which quickly devolved into sitting around. Ebony sat with Victor, and John, Kevin and I took turns to try to destroy a plastic water bottle (we got very bored). It quickly turned out, however, that the bottle was indestructible. We tried throwing the bottle up and hitting it with the bat, we tried playing baseball with the bottle, we even tried smashing it against the fence. Nothing worked. In the end, I just put the bottle on the ground and started attacking it like an lumberjack taking an axe to a log (I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK!). Which also failed. In the end, we just gave up.

When I got home, I had afternoon tea, and then I got stuck into my assignment. I worked and I worked, from 4 until around 9. And by the end, I was getting bloody sick of potatoes. Google Images was bugging me. And I had had enough of not going on Battlefield Heroes, and not going on MSN, and basically not having any free time at all. At 9, I promptly collapsed in a chair. I then got up, to send it to the school's computer. When that didn't work, I just put it on my USB and called it a night. The assignment was finished.

Comments now, just the 1.
*Karen: Yeah, I have a feeling I'll do that too. I mean, if I do it, it will be due Monday, if I don't, it'll be tomorrow. Murphy's Law in action (if it can go wrong, it will.). Ah well. That joke was pretty good; but I don't have the topic test. I have a 4 hour Maths competition. And no. I'm not kidding.

And that was my day. Sorry about the late post; I think I had a very good excuse (and if you think that's not good enough, well, it's my blog. Or, blame society. Actually, yeah. Blame society.). Tomorrow's post should also be correspondingly late. I also have a valid excuse. You'll see there.

Ag is done: Huzzah!,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment